I have uploaded last night’s powerpoint here: Living the Faith Today and the handouts here: Living the Catholic Faith Today 2018 – handout and Liturgy of the Hours example – April 16. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Here are the PowerPoint presentation and the handout from the March 5 class on the Sacrament of Marriage. Thank you!
Marriage handout pdf
Sacrament of Marriage PowerPoint 2018
Here are links to PDF versions of the PowerPoint and the handouts from our recent class on the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick.
Reconciliation powerpoint 2018
An Examination of Conscience Based on the 10 Commandments
Here are links to pdfs of the PowerPoint and Handout from the November 27, 2017 class on Baptism and Confirmation:
Baptism and Confirmation 2017 powerpoint
Baptism and Confirmation handout
Bishop Robert Barron has a new book coming out soon, To Light a Fire on the Earth: Proclaiming the Gospel in a Secular Age.
You can read about it by clicking on this link.
Bishop Robert Barron recently gave a lecture called “How to Have a Religious Argument.” You can find it by clicking here.
The great majority of the time, we will show a professionally made video during class to explain that week’s topic. Most of those videos will come from a 20-episode series called “Symbolon.” You can watch them on the internet anytime you like for your own interest. When you miss class, we ask you to (1) watch the video for the class you missed, (2) answer some homework questions based on the video, and (3) turn those answers in or email them to RCIA team member Joseph Miller. The homework question are available on this blog under the tab Homework Page!
Here’s how to find the Symbolon videos:
- Go to the website formed.org.
- Click the button that says “Register: Sign up free using your parish code.”
- This will open windows where you will enter the parish code and your email address. The parish code is, using capital letters: JT85TX
- Then click “GO.” Then you will have to fill out an online registration form, including creation of a personal password that you’ll use with your email address to access the site in the future. I think there’s a field that asks you what your affiliation with St. Monica is; you can choose “parishioner” for that one.
- Once you’re registered and logged into the Formed website, you’ll have access to tons of material. But let’s find the Symbolon videos, since that’s usually what you’ll need to do the homework. You can find the Symbolon videos by hovering over the “Study” tab at the top of the page. Then click “Faith Formation” on the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, there will be two big Symbolon buttons near the top. The first one is labeled “Knowing the Faith” and gives access to the first 10 videos. The second one is labeled “Living the Faith” and gives access to the second 10 videos. Click on the appropriate button, and you’ll be taken to a screen where you can choose from the 10 videos under that button.
SUGGESTION: If you are watching the video in order to do homework, have the homework questions handy while you watch the video–by printing them out, having them open in another window, or however you like. Then answer the questions while you are watching the video — I think you will find that much easier than watching the video first and then trying to answer the questions from memory! I drafted the questions simply by watching the videos and grabbing questions from the material, so the videos will give the answers to the questions in the order the questions appear.